Saturday, June 16, 2012

Running

Why does running have to be so complicated in my mind when it is actually quite simple? And why do I have to be so stubborn when running is the topic? Thursday was a beautiful day and a perfect evening to go running. I got home sometime around 8 and my husband suggested that I go running. Of course because he suggested it I turned it down. Why you may ask? The only thing I can come up with is because I am so stubborn: I have this dumb thought that he just thinks I'm fat and out of shape. When in reality he knows how hard it is for me to find the time to work out and is just trying to help. So thankfully I've come to realize this and took full advantage to go running on Saturday. It's been exactly 3 weeks since I've gone. And yes just thinking of how long it's been makes me want to kick myself. However, on the positive side I did 3 miles. A full 2.5 miles of running!! I don't believe this is something I have ever accomplished in my life. Even for the 5K I walked before I made it to 2 miles. The only way I feel I was able to accomplish this miracle was throughout these past weeks since my last run (now by run I mean jog) I have done some Zumba, some weight lifting, and working on toning my bottom half. Basically I wasn't completely sitting on my bum I did do something. I really really really wish, however, that I ran more because then I'd be that much better. 

Also important to remember when running:
-Music really does help. The songs def. helped me keep going. Just when a song was ending I felt like stopping then a new beat would come on and I'd push on.
-Small goals. Then when I reached those I pushed myself a little further.
-Weather helps. Beautiful morning made me want to run further. 
-No excuses. I can come up with one for just about anything. This time I didn't even let myself think them up.

Weight update: I hit 147 lbs a few days ago, but today was back to 149. I will not let this get me down. I even felt a difference with those 2lbs. I really started to feel myself again. It's amazing how your weight can make you feel. I am still determined to be down a few pounds a feeling good in a swim suit by New Orleans...I have exactly 2 weeks to make this happen. I can so do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment