Friday, October 19, 2012

Vegetarian Ceviche

We made a Vegetarian Ceviche last week (and again last night) and I am officially in love. I got the full recipe here-Mine is below. My Mother in law made it for me the first time I tried it and we decided to try it ourselves last week. -Good Choice!

We used only 1 jalapeno (Didn't want it too hot for the kids)
We also didn't use the hearts of palm (although I've had it that way and it's pretty good) *Too expensive to buy 
We also put ours on tostada shells with refried beans.

How I made it:
2 tomatoes, diced
1/4 of large red onion, diced
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced
Juice from 2 limes (Also used it out of the bottom last night-tastes the same)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper to taste 
avocado, diced
cucumber, diced
Bell pepper, diced

*All you do is chop everything up and mix it together. Heat up some refried beans to spread across the tostada and add ceviche on top. Super easy and yummy. We all love it including my kids. This one will definitely be made regularly.


No comments:

Post a Comment